Thursday 23 February 2023

Review: Freezing the Puck by Lasairiona McMaster*

 
'Justin
I thought I’d left my past in Minnesota when I moved to Iowa, but it was right there waiting for me.
Long blonde hair, curves in all the right places, and a death glare that hits harder than a slap shot to the solar plexus. On the ice, I’m a pro at blocking shots, but Savannah Bowen has slipped behind all my defenses and made a home in my heart.
I had no intention of revisiting the past, but when she’s damn near everywhere I go, I’m a goner.

Savannah
Hell freakin’ no.
It doesn’t matter that Justin Ashe is seven feet tall and sexy as sin, or that I’ve had a crush on him for years. He cheated on my best friend in high school, and that makes him off limits.
I can’t be with him, but damn, it’s impossible to stay away from him. Girl Code says uteruses before duderuses.
He’s supposed to be my enemy, but the more I see of him, the blurrier the lines get.'


It's official Lasairiona McMaster has started a new series (of course she forewarned us it was coming) and I say goodbye to any productivity whenever release day arrives. I fell in love with Lasairiona with her Jeremy Lewis series and she has fast become one of my favourite authors. So of course when I got the chance to start her new series I jumped with both feet and I fell in love again. 

This book is the first in the brand new 'Cedar Rapid Racoons' series, now we were teased about possible stars of this series in her novella 'Two for Tacos' so I was already pumped. This book centres on Justin and Savannah and is told of the course of 31 Chapters as well as an epilogue.

We first heard about Justin back in the Snow Pirates in passing mention due to his past connection with Molly Morrison (Two for Roughing). Justin is juggling many balls in this book being a hockey player, a student, a part time job and a romance author. He is also very in touch with his feelings. Readers get a real look at this when reading in his point of view. 

Meanwhile our lead female character is Savannah, who was besties with Molly in High School. Not only that Savannah is book worm after my own heart. She is a very relatable character who all book lovers will adore. Admittingly her life is not like a romance book with a family secret being revealed and her body/heart lusting after the guy who cheated on her best friend in high school.

This is a slow burn, enemies to lovers romance that is easy to sink your teeth into. From the main characters 'trying' to deny the chemistry that is clear to the readers from the get go, to the funny moments and metaphors that long term readers of Lasairiona know and love her for. 

Now no fear there are steamy scenes within this book and they are delicious as always. Especially when Justin is an empathetic character who wants to please Savannah in every aspect!

Something I adored about this book is when you are reading from Justin's point of view you find out just how in touch this guys is with his feelings. He isn't afraid of being the first one to fall in love, and he isn't afraid of telling the readers that there will be no 'third act break up'.

Overall this book starts this series off on a great foot and most definitely with a bang. I personally can't wait to read the rest of the series. They will all be added to my TBR and no plans will be made when it comes to release day. Don't believe get your copy HERE and let me know what you think. 

Until Next Time

Emma

XX




No comments:

Post a Comment