Tuesday 20 December 2016

DIY: Peppermint Body Scrub

So this year I decided to get a bit craftier and DIY a couple gifts, so when I found this DIY I knew that I needed to share this recipe with you guys!  This is a DIY Peppermint Sugar scrub!

So before we get into the ingredients of this Sugar scrub lets talk equipment. So you will need a big bowl, a measuring cup, a teaspoon, a table spoon, a small bowl and a storage jar. I found my glass jars in Asda, they were a pack of 3 for £3.50, so bargain!



So the Ingredients you need to make this scrub are:

1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
1 1/2-2 Cups of Sugar (I ended up using a mix of granulated and caster)
Peppermint Oil
Red Food Colouring (Optional)

So the first thing you need to do to make this scrub is mix your coconut oil and sugar together in your large bowl using a tablespoon. Now you can add more or less coconut oil depending on the consistency that you want your scrub to have. I simply used the amount in the recipe.

Once you have the desired consistency you need to add your peppermint oil. Now you can use as much or as little of the oil as you want, it is all down to personal preference and how strong you want your scrub scent to be. Once you have added the amount of oil that works for you, it's time to separate your mixture. Obviously if you don't want to add food dye to your scrub you can go ahead and skip this step. Now when adding the food colouring again it depends on the colour you would like.



My scrub turned out to be pink but it worked. Once you have the colour you like you need to scoop the scrub into your glass jar but you want to alternate between the two colours. This way you end up with this layered look.



So that's it! You now have a homemade peppermint scrub to use yourself or give as a gift.

Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe out and how it turned out!

Until Next Time
Emma
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment