Friday 12 May 2023

Review: Pulling the Goalie by Lasairiona McMaster*

 

'Can the girl who hides in the shadows date a guy who chases the spotlight?

Eloise:
Ares de la Peña: VIP hockey goalie, stripper, bisexual playboy.
He lives for the limelight. He’s everything I should avoid, yet I’m drawn to him in ways I don’t understand. As our worlds collide, I discover he’s more than just the flashy heir to a billion dollar fortune. I’ll never fit into his world. But I want to.

Ares:
What is it about this girl? She hides her scars behind her bright hair, quirky clothing, and striking lipstick, but I see her. She’s the calm that quiets my demons, while running from her own. My reputation precedes me, which is usually a good thing, but in this case her preconceived notions about me aren’t working in my favor.How can I make her see that what we have is far more than skin deep?'

So the Cedar Rapid Racoons are back with book 2 and this time we are joining the youngest De La Pena sibling and Cedar Rapids Goaltender on his journey. The story of Ares and Eloise is told over the course of 35 Chapters as well as a prologue and Epilogue. 

This story for me can be summed up as sexy, steamy and HOT. Yes that is suppose to be in capitals. This book left me with an almighty book hangover that lasted well over 24 hours. Ares and his dancing ways would not leave my mind alone. 

Now Ares and Eloise are complete opposites, and this is very much an opposites attract book. Ares is the son of billionaire Alonso De La Pena, who loves hockey and his has the share of demons in the past. Oh did forget to mention that he is also a stripper! Whereas Eloise hates sports and is a good girl, who is also majorly an introvert. 

From the moment this book started, I was addicted between the funny moments and the spicy moments. This book was all too easy to get stuck into. Not only that but it's also the type of book that stays in your mind when you are forced to put it down. Take my advice read on some solid time off where you get to do nothing!

Not only did I love the main characters in this book but we also got to see a little bit more of the dynamic between the De La Pena siblings. I will admit personally Ares, Artemis and Apollo are not my next book boyfriend, however I kind of want to have them as friends or siblings. The dynamic between these boys and their sister Athena is brilliant. I LOVED it. There were parts where the siblings were interacting and I had to go back and re read purely because the writing was genius!

So if you have read a book by Lasairiona in the past you know that she loves a good metaphor and this book is no exception. The metaphors will make you giggle and the funny moments will take you by surprise and leave you laughing out loud. 

When it came to the epilogue you get  a little sneak peak of book three in this series 'Crashing the Net' which is Ares brother Apollo's story. All I will say about this is why is October sooo far away. I would like this book now!

Overall I completely adored this book, just like I adore this author. The book is full of funny moments, spicy moments and moments that make you want to re read the section all over again. I highly recommend this book to all though don't be like me, read it on a weekend. You can get your copy HERE

Until Next Time

Emma

XX


No comments:

Post a Comment