Friday 17 May 2024

Review: Obey by Lasairiona Lewis*

 

'Jagger
I don't mess with vanilla girls.
Especially not ones as innocent as Talia. But when a snowstorm traps us at Club Protocol, I break my own rules.
It's supposed to be simple revenge against my college rival. But her eager innocence stirs my dominant nature, and I can't resist inviting her into my world of kink and ecstasy. The way she blossoms under my command stirs up feelings I'm not used to, and revenge is a distant memory.

Talia
I used to be an eternal optimist.
Now I'm stuck in a BDSM club with the world’s biggest grumpasaurus. Snow is piling up outside, and all I've got are fresh wounds from a breakup with my cheating high school sweetheart, and a sexy bucket list I'd planned on checking off with him.
When Jagger offers to show me the ropes, I’m wary. But we aren't going anywhere fast, and I'm intrigued by his promises of pleasure and pain. If I give in, could it be the start of something beautiful? Or will it destroy my optimism forever?'

Welcome back to Lasairiona's Protocol series, in book one we met Thor and Addison today we our meeting one of Protocol's House Doms Jagger and the fiesty Talia. Talia and Jagger's story is told over the course of 30 Chapters and comes with a page long list of Content Warnings. Now I must admit I usually shy away from books with long content warnings but I read through this list and all I could feel was the need to read this book grow. 

Now this pairing are not each others biggest fans at the beginning of this book. In fact Jagger actually wants to throw Talia out of a plane, bye bye spontaneous meet cute on a plane. However thanks to a snowstorm and one car, that is not the last we see of this couple. Soon they are in the classic stranded in a snowstorm, and what luck would have it, they stranded at Protocol. 

Now if you are sat there thinking this is where it gets spicy, I am sorry to say you are wrong. This is a slow burn romance, where although we get sprinklings of spice. This pair takes a while to warm up to each other in more ways than one. However once warmed up the spice does show up and it gives the reader exactly what they want. 

One thing I love about Lasairiona's books are that there are always familiar faces hiding around the corner ready to step and say hi again. In particular for this book we see Austin and Kenzie, Thor and Addison, as well as Slade and Paige. Now although we do see these characters again in this story, it does not mean that you won't know what's going on if this is the first Lasairiona book you are reading. However from past experience but it probably won't be your last. 

Throughout this book we get to watch as Talia comes into her own, not only as an independent women but also in the world of Kink. With how things are explained and the way Talia's feelings are described it is clear to see that research has been done. And I for one thank the author for the diligence and the great well rounded book this created. 

Now I will admit that slow burn romances are not my favourite and as such this book did take me a while to get into. However the moment this book grabbed my attention I was hooked and loving every second.  

Overall I love this author and she is one of my favourites. However leaving that aside this is still a brilliant book that readers will love. Whether this is your first book by this author or are a seasoned reader like me you will sure to fall in love with Talia and Jagger's story. You can get your copy HERE.

Until Next Time

Emma

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment