Tuesday 11 June 2024

Review: My Brother's Team Mates by Lasairiona Mc Master & Melissa Ivers*

 
'What do you get when you cross a curvy seamstress with three hot hockey players? A pucking disaster.

My escape plan seemed foolproof - retreat to my brother's empty apartment after catching my ex with another man. But I stumble into an unexpected complication: his hockey player roommates...and I'm stark naked.

Despite my mortifying entrance, and against my better judgment, they’re willing to let me stay but with a few rules:

1. No funny business.

2. No telling the team captain - aka my brother - Harrison.

3. It's temporary until I can find somewhere else to live.

At first, the boundaries hold. But simmering tension and close quarters makes resisting temptation harder with each passing day. The simmering tension threatens to combust, blurring the lines we swore not to cross.

But how can we go back after crossing that line? And what happens when my brother inevitably finds out?'

So this book is collab between one of my Favourite authors Lasairiona McMaster and an author who is new to me Melissa Ivers. This is a Why Choose, roommates to lovers book. Which consists of 46 chapters and trust me when I say spice is included. 

First let's meet our main characters, for this book we have 3 hot hockey players of Jace, Roman and Mateo. These three are roommates and all play under their Captain Harrison. Whose sister Charlotte happens to be our Curvy main female character.

Now this book starts with Charlotte in a bit of a puddle, since she has just caught her 'boyfriend' cheating on her. So what else can she do when her brother is out of town for a hockey match then crash at  his place. Due to a schedule mishap (on charlotte's part) and a suitcase left in the wrong room, Harrison's roommates get quite the surprise.  What is a girl to do when she is naked in front of three hot hockey players. Well ask to keep quiet to room with them a while. What were you guys thinking she would do??

Jace, Mateo and Roman are best friends and roommates who have a history of not being shy in the bedroom. They all immediately fall head over heels in lust with Charlotte but due to the brotherly relationship with Harrison, none of them want to ruin. Though Jace may be hiding more than just lust from Charlotte and his roomies. 

So some of the other tropes that you will find in this book are forced proximity, BI awakening and alpha/possessive hero. Now I happen to be a fan of all these tropes. The only trope that I was on the fence about was the Why Choose. This particular trope has never been one I wanted to explore, but I am so glad I read this book because in this case I loved every second of it. Now I am not saying that I will be picking up more Why Choose romances but my mind has been opened to the trope. 

When it comes to spice in this book, I will admit you did have to wait until the chapters were in double digits. However it was well worth the wait. The spice was brilliant and everything you would want from this romance. These authors managed to write some realistic spice scenes but without the acrobatic feast it could have been. Oh and even though they make you wait for the spice, when you get to the spice, there are no holds barred. 

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I am so glad I gave it a go. Once I was into this book, I did not want to put it down. It is a well written book that I encourage you to check out. I can say for certain another Why Choose romance may be in my future. You can get your copy HERE.

Until Next Time
Emma
XX




No comments:

Post a Comment